What are we?
The BASE is an after school facility offered at James Bateman Junior High School for children aged 9 to 13.
- We aim to provide a relaxed, friendly and safe environment for your child by offering continuous care after school.
- The sessions are supervised by qualified members of the school team.
- We treat the children as individuals, showing them respect and expecting them to respect each other and their surroundings.
- Throughout the sessions we aim to provide a balance between organised, fun activities as well relaxation time.
- The activities are planned every half term with themed weeks such as ‘Health and Sports’, ‘Wildlife’ and ‘Road safety’ they also take into consideration the age and the ability of each child.
- Look out on the school newsletter for activities and events.
- There is a designated area for quiet time and home-learning as well as opportunities to take advantage of the outdoor areas during the nice weather.
- The BASE also has a range of technology available for your child to use.